Wednesday 6 December 2017

My Moment in time

This is a moment in time I wrote. It is about the Wesley market.
Inside the Wesley Market
As I walk down the rocky road, there are happy people laughing and talking to the owner of the shop who is standing near the heavy scale with coins and cash on it. Also, there are people bargaining with the owner, demanding a lower price. Interested people look around the shops, looking for what they like. As they pass the tents, they are staring at the jewels, wondering if they are real or not. They look at the fizzy drinks, wondering if it is a waste of money buying a can. They giant fruit and veggies that are being sold quickly, and boxes are quickly being empty. Behind the people selling things, there are vans and trucks behind them, knowing that they would need them to put their remains in there to take somewhere.


The aroma of the delicious pancakes drift into my nostrils as I look hungrily at the shop, hoping that the owner would give me one for free. Far behind me, there are a bundle of sweet bananas. The smell of the bananas attract a lot of people. Luckily, big bundles of them are in strange plastic boxes, while other bundles are being hung with thin, plastic string, so the bananas won’t run out. The smell of the giant onions make my nose itchy and causes me to sneeze. All of the smells of colossal eggplants, red apples, sweet mandarins, black shoe polish, yummy chips, and juicy grapes cause me want to run into all the shops and eat all of their food.

As a person grabs a translucent plastic bag and filled it with giant fruit, which makes a loud rustling sound. The loud voice of the people complaining to the customers are heard by many people. The people laughing are even more louder than the people complaining, so it makes me cover my ears. As some of the heavy fruit drop to the ground and smash into pieces, it makes a splatting sound like something dropping into the water.

1 comment:

  1. I think my moment in time is good, but I can improve it. I could have more descriptive words, or even add a picture.

    ReplyDelete